Thursday, February 01, 2007

from a work email - names removed

>message begins> Dear Colleagues & Friends,

Al-Hamid Lil Allah, Thanks to Allah All Mighty I have just gotten married Tuesday night & wish to on this occasion send you all a small token of the celebration.

Please except my humble gesture of sweets it will be passed out by the service staff as we speak.

Marriage is a religious duty and is consequently a moral safeguard as well as a social necessity. Islam does not equal celibacy with high "taqwa" / "Iman". The prophet has also said, "Marriage is my tradition who so ever keeps away there from is not from amongst me".

Will hopefully, get a chance to invite you to the wedding as soon as a date is set.

Regards,



i have a few coments

1) what is with this getting married and tot yet married thing? secondly why spam me with it --> ive never met the chap and i dont really care wether he gets married or not

2) what is with the sanctimonious lecture about the social neccisity of marrage and quoting allah at me before ive had my coffee, irrespective of celebacy or not.

this email spam has annoyed me no end, i dont spam my collegues on the basis i havent gotten laid and then quoet nizche at them

No comments: